For the last one and a half year, things have been changed, corona pandemic has devastated many life’s and things seem hopeless, but we have learnt more about the virus how it behaves in our body. let’s understand the timeline of coronavirus in the body from day 1 to day 12.
On Day 1 : Virus infection
- On the first day of the first symptom that may be happening is a sore throat, cough, body ache, headache and rarely we see loose motions also. This is something you should keep in mind as the first symptom of day one.
- Within a short span of one or two days, there will be billions of virus within the cells that are infected. Once these invasions happened into the cells, our body recognises that there is a foreign invasion.
Day 2 – 3: virus rises in our body
- Coronavirus first settles in the throat and enter the cell in our throat and overcome the cell metabolism, use the cells to turn into millions of cells.
- The immune system produces antibodies to fight the infection, thats the normal process all viruses that infect our body are eliminated by antibodies, not drugs.
Day 4 – 5: Fight of antibodies
- 4th and 5th day there will be a fight between virus and antibodies leads to release of cytokines.
- The release of cytokines causes the early symptoms. These chemicals cause the body to have a higher temperature that leads to fever, body ache, soar throat.
- The fever comes down by the fourth day in 80% of cases this is the final results of infection. These kind of people have only minor symptoms will settle 3, 4 days of time.
- However, the disease in 10% of cases take a turn for worse, this type will have three deteriorating health conditions -High fever of more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, Chest congestion or difficulty in breathing. Deep cough.
Day 5 – 6: persistent symptoms
- If the patient has high fever, difficulty in breathing and bad cough think it is a sign of cytokine shower.
- We have to prevent the stage from from the shower to become the storm.
- To prevent the cytokine from being released in large numbers, the patients need to take the steroids and anticoagulants by 6th day.
- But remember the steroids and anticoagulants are not to be taken lightly ,
- Don’t do medication by your own, it is advisable only after a doctor recommends it.
- Taking both medicines at the right time helps to manage the worsen of infection.
Day 7 to 12 – Sign of falling lungs
- Humans lungs are designed to reserve 2/3 capacity of the organ.
- If you ignore and sit at and treat yourself you will be damage your lungs more than 2/3 of its normal functioning ability before your saturation levels drop.
- Then the most people rush to the hospital by that time it could damage your lungs which can cause catastrophic situations.
Day 7: Using steroids as a cure
- Steroids can suppress immunity and so can cause infection.
- A patient who has lesser immunity feels that they start recovering after taking steroids and anticoagulants.
- But in some patients fever returns four days after taking drugs. It happens because normal bacteria in our lungs will attack our body due to suppressed immunity.
- This results in bacterial pneumonia which can be cured with antibiotics.
- When you get symptoms, first consult a doctor.
- If you are asymptomatic after 5 days, the virus is gone.
- Use steroids and anticoagulants only needed to prevent the cytokine storm.
- Drugs must be taken under the doctor’s supervision.
- Patients can take vitamins for the first 5 days after the onset of the first symptom.
- Antibiotics to be used only on the last day of the second five day period.